Pages

23 August 2016

IndyShakes 2016

The Independent Shakespeare Company were my lifeline when I was in LA, so when they asked me to do posters for their 2016 season I happily agreed.

Their production of Richard III was a patchwork of the original and the edit done by Colley Cibber, accompanied by a rock band.  The remit was to do something that looked a bit like a cross between a Georgian playbill and a punk poster ...



The Tempest wanted a slightly more straightforward old-fashioned map, but as I spent a large portion of my teenage years making old-fashioned maps, this was no less fun.

If you happen to be in LA any Wednesday through Sunday before September 4th, do try your best to get to the Old Zoo at Griffith Park before 7 pm so you can see this brilliant company in action.

No comments: